Health Equity and Disparities
NAHDO is sponsoring our summer Spotlight Series of virtual events. (All times are Eastern Time and are subject to change)
May 25, 3-4 p.m. Keynote address, sponsored by BerryDunn
Dr. Gail Christopher, Executive Director, National Collaborative for Health Equity
Dr. Gail Christopher has expertise in the social determinants of health and well-being and in related public policies. She is known for her pioneering work to infuse holistic health and diversity concepts into public sector programs and policy discourse. Dr. Christopher recently retired from her role as Senior Advisor and Vice President at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, where she was the driving force behind the America Healing initiative and the Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation effort. She chairs the Board of the Trust for America’s Health. In 2019, Dr. Christopher became the Executive Director of the National Collaborative for Health Equity.
Kevin McAvey, Manatt Health and the NAHDO Board Vice Chair will provide a reaction followed by a Q&A session.
June 22, 1-4 p.m. Breakout Sessions on Key Subtopics Relating to Health Care Data, sponsored by Human Services Research Institute (HSRI). Confirmed Presenters:
- Standardization of Equity-related Data - Ryan Argentieri, Office of the National Coordinator
- Race, Ethnicity, and Language - Mike Motley, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement
- Socioeconomic factors, Long-term Support Services and Aging or Disabled Populations - Stephanie Giordano and Nilufer Isvan, Human Services Research Institute
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity - Gilbert Gonzalez, Vanderbilt University
July 27, 1-4 p.m. Data Solution Showcase - Learn from NAHDO members about what they are doing and how they are doing it.
- Reviewing A State-Led Process to Convene Multi-Stakeholder Technical Advisory Group on Health Equity, Lisa Ahlgren, CHIA
- The Rhode Island Ecosystem - Supporting Racial Equity Analyses through Development of a Central Demographic Table, Annice Correia Gabel and Steve Raymond, RI Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- A Data-Informed Primer on Health Disparities in Massachusetts: Lessons Learned - Kaitlyn Kenney Walsh and Jessica Gottsegen, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation
- Fostering a Culture of Equity-Centered Data - Katie Cadigan, Comagine Health and Mariotta Gary-Smith, Health Share of Oregon
- Strategies to Fill Gaps in Medicaid Race, Ethnicity, and Language Data - Stefan Gildemeister, Minnesota Department of Health, Joanna Turner, Minnesota Department of Human Services, and Kevan Edwards, Minnesota Department of Human Services
August 25, 2-4 p.m. Lessons Learned from COVID (invited panelists)
- Disabled Populations During the Pandemic - Ernie Shippey, Vizient, Inc
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Diabetic Lower Extremity Amputations During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Dani Treisman Center for Advanced Analytics and Informatics, Vizient Inc., Chicago, Illinois
- Mitigation Planning and Policies Informed by COVID-19 Modeling: A Framework and Case Study of the State of Hawaii - Victoria Fan and Thomas Lee, University of Hawaii Hawaii Data Collaborative
- Using Statewide Survey Data to Document Gaps in Coverage and Care in Massachusetts: An Investigation of Gaps by Race / Ethnicity and Family Income - Amy DeSantis and Kalifa Wright, Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA)
September 21, 3-4 p.m. Capstone Event
- Meredith Roberts, Comagine Health
- Dana Richardson, Wisconsin Health Information Organization (WHIO)
- Karen Hampton, Oregon Health Authority
- Moderator: Stefan Gildemeister, Minnesota Department of Health
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Registration is FREE for NAHDO members and $195 for others. Use this form to register.
If you have already registered and need to pay by credit card, use this button: