The National Association of Health Data Organizations (NAHDO) is pleased to provide resources for health data organizations supporting the COVID-19 pandemic response. It is our belief that all data, including administrative data, is essential in guiding the response within the health care system and public health systems during this time.
If you need further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call NAHDO at 801-532-2292.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group
NAHDO and Mathematica invite all health data users to join a new learning collaborative called the "COVID-19 Health Data Users Group." If you are interested in participating, please send an email to email@example.com.
Over 100 data users attended the Kickoff Meeting that was held on April 15, 2020.
Information about upcoming Users Group webinars and recordings of recent webinars is available here: nahdo.org/webinars
Health Affairs COVID-19 Resource Center
"We’ve gathered these blogs and journal articles - along with relevant content from our archives - into a COVID-19 Resource Center. Journal articles highlight lessons from previous pandemics, including school closures during the Spanish flu; public health preparedness; and communicating risk." (Health Affairs)
COVID-19 Data, Modeling and Policy Resources: https://mathematica.org/features/covid-19-curated-data-modeling-and-policy-resources
American Medical Association
Special Coding Advice: https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-04/covid-19-coding-advice.pdf
NAHDO Special Edition Web Conference - COVID-19 & Health Data
Links to recordings:
March 25, 2020: Watch a recording of the main session here
March 27, 2020: Watch a recording of the follow-up session here
March 25, 2020 - How Can Health Data Organizations Inform the COVID-19 Pandemic?
NAHDO invited members and health data organizations to a special web conference on how claims and administrative data can be valuable in informing the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on communities, health systems and others. Topics covered included:
* Why All Types of Data Are Needed
* Using Hospital Discharge Data to Inform the Response
* How APCD/Claims Data Can Be Used to Inform the Response
* How to Analyze the Impact of COVID-19 Patients on Utilization and Costs
* Identifying Vulnerable Populations
* Supporting State and Local Government Response to Crises
A panel of industry experts helped frame novel use cases and resources that are available to health data organizations interested in leveraging existing data sources.
* Heather Strosnider, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
* Pam Owens, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
* John Freedman, Freedman Consulting
* Melody Craff and David Mirkin, Milliman MedInsight
* Criag Schneider, IMPAQ
* Amy Kinner and Jesse Drummond, Onpoint
* Kevin McAvey, Manatt Health and Josh Tauber, HealthReveal
March 27, 2020 - COVID-19 & Health Data Follow Up
NAHDO invited members, health data organizations and other interested parties to a special web conference following up on the March 25th webinar.
Topics covered included:
- Deep dive on coding and tracking COVID-19 cases
- How to use hospital discharge data to inform the response
* Mary Jo Condon, Freedman Consulting
* Melody Craff, MD, Milliman MedInsight
* Srinivas Sridhara, Optum
* Alex Bohl, Mathematica - See https://www.mathematica.org/-/media/publications/PDFs/Health/2020/NAHDO_Covid19_Data_Sources.pdf