View this complete job posting at
This position will serve as litigation counsel for the Department of Public Health with an emphasis on eDiscovery. The position will assist in representation of the Department in litigation matters and interfaces with outside agencies relative to criminal and civil litigation. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interfaces with outside agencies relative to civil and criminal litigation in state and federal court.
- Reviews and evaluates evidence; drafts pleadings, discovery requests, motions, and memoranda of law.
- Responds to discovery request; gathers documentation and assists outside agencies with discovery responses related to criminal and civil actions; manages eDiscovery; assists outside agencies in connection with eDiscovery requests and responses; organizes and maintains database of documents, discovery request, and responses.
- Issues and advises Departments as to litigation holds.
- Represents Department at hearings, conferences, and other litigation-related proceedings.
- 6. Responds to public records requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (JD) degree, admission to the Massachusetts Bar and (A) at least three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in the practice of law.