Call for Abstracts
NAHDO's Program Planning Committee is now accepting abstract submissions for our 36th Annual Conference. If you would like to present your work or ideas during one of our virtual sessions (September 27 - October 8, 2021), please submit your abstract proposal using this form or your panel proposal using this form.
Here are some specific session topics that are of interest to the planning committee:
- Using Health Data to Measure the Impacts of COVID-19
- Novel ideas that have risen to the challenge
- How did healthcare data successfully inform decision-making?
- Lessons learned for next time
- Missed data opportunities during the pandemic
- Impact of COVID on non-COVID services, such as telemedicine and childhood vaccinations
- What has happened to substance abuse and mental health during the pandemic?
- Working Toward Uniformity
- The standardization of data collection
- Commonalities in analytics/information tools
- Uniformity in data release and access
- Data Linkage
- Operational issues
- Supplementing existing datasets with new sources to derive useful information
- Technical challenges and rewards
- Addressing Variations in Health
- Research on social determinants of health
- Race and ethnicity factors and analysis
- Geographic (Urban/Rural)
- Privacy, Security, Data Access and Release
- Preventing and responding to data breaches
- Use of de-identified data by the general public
- Opportunities to have more info available to the public in terms of quality outcomes
- Documenting and Reducing Healthcare Costs
- Identifying and addressing healthcare cost drivers and affordability
- Using healthcare data to highlight affordability and access issues
- Identifying the variability of cost across providers and payers
- Using consumer-generated information to reduce costs
- Leveraging & building on CMS hospital price transparency data & efforts
- Using APCDs to help state set and manage cost targets
- Funding and Sustainability Plans
- Impact of the No Surprises Act
- What does multistate access look like?
- New approached for health data organization funding
For full consideration, abstract submissions must be received by March 26, 2021 April 9, 2021.